Eight Important Reasons Why Buyers & Sellers Use a REALTOR®
- Qualifying the Buyer – REALTORS® qualify prospective buyers to determine in advance their financial ability to purchase. Pre-Qualification also helps a buyer understand what they can afford and what they can realistically look at buying. This saves both buyers and sellers a lot of time and aggravation and ensures that the process is as smooth as possible.
- Advertising – REALTORS® have access to several forms of advertising including newspapers, homes, magazines, relocation networks and the Multiple Listing Service–a cooperative sales system which contains all the properties for sale in your market area.
- Housing Trends – REALTORS® have current market information on comparable selling prices for specific types of homes, allowing sellers to establish realistic prices while obtaining fair market value for their property.
- Sale Negotiations – REALTORS® are trained professionals who can answer the many questions posed by potential buyers and should work to alleviate any doubts buyers have about the process.
- Financing – REALTORS® will continually gather information on the latest and best methods of obtaining mortgage money and be prepared to assist the buyer to assure a speedy sale.
- Continuing Education – REALTORS® are constantly upgrading their professional abilities by keeping informed about market trends, the latest industry innovations, new legislation and civil rights. Members of the National Association of REALTORS® have the right to earn professional designations by completing additional education.
- Personal Service – REALTORS® work cooperatively with the affiliate members of the MLS to provide information on title and conveyance documents, termite inspections, home warranty programs, etc. REALTORS® also make suggestions to sellers on how to make a home more saleable.
- Protection for Buyers & Sellers – REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and accept the responsibility of promoting the interests of buyers and sellers by protecting them from fraud and misrepresentation.